INDIAN SPACE RESEARCH ORGANISATION
Department of Space, Government of India
ISRO CENTRALISED RECRUITMENT BOARD(ICRB)
Annual Recruitment of Scientists/Engineers 'SC' with BE/B.TECH OR Equivalent Degree in
Electronics, Mechanical and Computer Science
ADVERTISEMENT No. ISRO HQ:ICRB:02:2011 DATED 08-02-2011
Indian Space Research Organisation [ISRO] is a Research and Development organisation engaged in application of Space Science and Technology for the benefit of society at large and for serving the nation by achieving self-reliance and developing capacity to design and build Launch Vehicles and Communication/Remote Sensing Satellites and thereafter launch them. ISRO strives to serve the nation in the areas of television broadcast, telecommunication, meteorological application and in management of our natural resources
The continuing expansion of space applications programmes like Village Resources Centres, telemedicine, tele-education, disaster management support and outreach through Direct-To-Home television, reiterates the increasing role played by the Indian space systems in providing direct benefits to the society. Thus, Indian space programme continues to pursue successful goals on all fronts in meeting the objective of achieving self-reliance in space technology and its applications for national development.
The future ISRO programme envisages development of cutting edge technologies for reusable launch vehicle, development of advanced technologies for Human Spaceflight Programme, advanced high efficiency semi-cryogenic propulsion system, advanced communication satellite, air breathing propulsion, satellite based navigation system, hyper spectral imaging sensors, and inter planetary missions.
Challenging opportunities exist at ISRO to undertake development of innovative technologies and establish the advanced infrastructure needed for space exploration and beyond.
ISRO offers the position of Scientist/Engineer `SC' in the pay band of Rs. 15600-39100 with grade pay of Rs. 5400/- to the young graduates in the following specialized fields:-
Do not use 'Back' and 'Forward' button of your browser while filling up online application form.
To get the online application form, please click on the Post Name below for which you want to apply for.
- BE/B.Tech or equivalent in First Class with an aggregate minimum of 65% (average of all semesters for which results are available). Candidates who are slated to complete the BE/B.Tech course in the academic year 2010-11 are also eligible to apply provided final Degree is available by 31.8.2011
- 35 years as on 28-02-2011 (40 years in case of SC/ST candidates and 38 years for OBC candidates, Ex-serviceman and Persons with Disabilities[PWD] are eligible for age relaxation as per Govt. of India orders).
For PWD persons, orders on reservation to the extent applicable will be extended for the above posts.
How to apply :
- The application for on-line registration will be hosted in the ISRO web-site between 08-02-2011 and 28-02-2011. Candidates may visit our web-site at www.isro.gov.in to register their applications on-line between 08-02-2011 and 28-02-2011. Applications will be received on-line only. Upon registration, applicants will be provided with an on-line Registration Number, which should be carefully preserved for future reference. E-mail ID of the applicant will have to be given in the application compulsorily.
- The on-line application has to be invariably followed-up with a `No Objection Certificate' from the employer concerned, by those already in employment under Central/State Government, Public Sector Undertakings or Autonomous Bodies, duly indicating the name and Reg. No. on the reverse.
- Application Fee : There will be an Application Fee of Rs.100/- (Rupees One Hundred Only) for each application. Demand Draft details need to be filled-in at the time of on-line registration. The candidate before filing his application has to take aDD for Rs.100/- (non-refundable) from any of the Nationalized Bank in favour of the Sr. Accounts Officer, ISRO HQ, Bangalore, payable at Bangalore.
- The Applicant should enter the DD Number, date and name of the Bank in the space provided for the same in the web application. After filing the application, on-line, the applicant has to send the DD with his/her Full Name (as entered in web), Post Number and Registration No. written on the reverse of the DD to Sr. Administrative Officer (ICRB), ISRO Headquarters, Antariksh Bhavan, New BEL Road, Bangalore - 560231by post superscribing on the envelope "ISRO RECRUITMENT-SCI/ENGR-SC(BE/B.TECH)".
- Please note that applications, in respect of which DDs have not been received with Name as mentioned in the application and Registration Number on the reverse, will not be considered.
- Women candidates, Scheduled Castes (SC), Scheduled Tribes (ST) and Persons with Disabilities (PWD) candidates are exempted from payment of Application Fee subject to production of proof through any one of the following certificates as indicated for each category as below. The certificate may be sent to Sr.Administrative Officer (ICRB) , ISRO HQ, Antariksh Bhavan, New BEL Road, Bangalore -560 231 duly indicating the Name, Post No. and Reg.No. on the reverse.
Women Candidate - Attested copy of PAN Card/Voter's ID Card/College ID Card/Passport/Driving License/ Ration Card OR Gender status indicated in certificate issued by the Principal of the College where last studied
SC/ST candidates - Attested copy of Caste Certificate
Persons with disabilities(PWD) - Attested copy of Medical Certificate indicating extent of disability issued by Medical Board
- Applications of candidates claiming Women/SC/ST/PWD status and therefore exemption from payment of Application Fee will be considered only if the certificate, as above, is received within 7 days of filing of application on-line and in any case not later than07.03.2011. The Demand Draft and `No Objection Certificate' in respect of candidates employed under Central/State Govt/PSU/Autonomous Body should reach ISRO Headquarters, Bangalore within seven days of filing the applications on-line by the candidates and in any case not later than 07.03.2011.
The candidate should have First Class with minimum 65% marks in the Qualifying Degree ie, BE/B.Tech or equivalent. Please note that this qualification prescribed is the MINIMUM requirement and the same does not automatically make candidates eligible for written test. Based on the academic performance and bio-data, initial screening will be conducted to short-list candidates for taking-up written test. The written test will be conducted on 16th April 2011 [Saturday] at thirteen venues viz., Ahmedabad, Bangalore, Bhopal, Chandigarh, Chennai, Cuttack, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Kolkata, Lucknow, Mumbai, New Delhi and Thiruvananthapuram. However, the Organisation reserves the right to cancel/change the written test venue and re-allot the candidates to any other test centre. The call letters for the written test to the short-listed candidates will be sent only by e-mail during the last week of March 2011. Based on the performance of the candidates in the Written Test, candidates will be short-listed for interview, the schedule and venue of which will be notified. Candidates attending the interview will be reimbursed to and fro second-class train fare by the shortest route from the address given in the application to the place of interview.
Pay and Allowances:
Selected candidates will be appointed as Scientist/ Engineer 'SC' in the pay band of Rs. 15600-39100 + 5400 (Grade Pay). The gross emoluments in the minimum of scale will at present be approximately Rs.30,450/- p.m. In addition, House Rent Allowance [HRA] and Transport Allowance at the prescribed rates in force at the place of posting will be paid for those who are not availing Departmental Housing and Transport facility, respectively. The employees will be governed by the New Pension Scheme. On employment in ISRO, other facilities are available such as medical facilities for self and dependants, subsidized canteen, transport allowance when official transport is not availed, limited housing facility for fresh entrants in lieu of HRA, Leave Travel Concession, Group Insurance , advances for purchase of conveyance, construction of house, etc as per Central Government orders.
- The posts are temporary, but likely to continue.
- The appointees are liable to be posted in any of the Centres/Units of the Indian Space Research Organisation/Department of Space situated anywhere in India as and when required. For details of ISRO Centres/Units, please visit http://www.isro.gov.in/isrocentres/isrocenters.aspx
- Candidates called for interview will have to produce all relevant original documents in proof of details furnished in their applications submitted on-line, at the time of interview. If any information furnished on-line is found to be wrong or false, the candidate will not be interviewed and TA will not be paid.
- No TA will be paid for attending the Written Test.
- ISRO reserves the right not to fill up all or any of the posts, if it so desires.
- Only Indian Nationals need apply.
- No interim correspondence will be entertained. In case of any clarification candidates may send their mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Government strives to have a workforce which reflects gender balance and women candidates are encouraged to apply
VISIT OUR WEB-SITE http://www.isro.gov.in FOR LATEST UPDATES ON
THE STATUS OF YOUR APPLICATION.
JOIN ISRO AND SHAPE-UP YOUR CAREER
SHARE YOUR KNOWLEDGE WITH TALENTED SCIENTIST COMMUNITY
SUPPORT NATIONAL DEVELOPMENT