Prasad, the former India new-ball specialist, told Cricinfo he had not been notified by the BCCI about his axing. "I have been not been informed about this but if this is true, I am deeply disappointed and hurt," he said. "I have no doubt that I have done my job for the Indian team to the best of my abilities. I will try to contact the BCCI and find out what I did wrong that has led them to take this decision."
The decision was taken by the BCCI's office-bearers on Wednesday and confirmed by the president and secretary, a board official told Cricinfo. The captain and coach were not part of the decision. The reason, he said, was the team's performance in the last two tournaments (the ICC World Twenty20 and the Champions Trophy). He said the vacancies would be filled shortly.
Prasad and Robin, it is understood, were working without a formal contract and on a retainer payment basis. In March, the pair were retained in March among India's seven-member support staff.
Prasad, who played in 33 Tests and claimed 96 wickets besides 196 scalps in 161 one-day internationals, had been in charge of India's bowling since the tour to Bangladesh just after the disastrous World Cup campaign in 2007. He had been a vocal advocate of specialised coaches, which have become a basic requirement in modern cricket.
Robin, who handled the team's fielding since that same tour, was recently appointed coach of Mumbai Indiansfor the third season of the IPL. He represented India in 136 ODIs, scoring 2336 runs at 25.75 and picking up 69 wickets at 43.26.